Inquests & Inquiries
The Inquest and Inquiry team within Nexus Chambers has a huge wealth of experience of working on Inquests and Inquiries. Members of Chambers have been instructed and are taking a major part in the current Public Inquiries ongoing in the UK.
Michael Mansfield KC is perhaps the most well-known KC in the country and has worked with campaigners and interest groups for many years in order to apply pressure on the State to investigate and establish the truth. Michael is instructed in the Grenfell Tower Inquiry and has worked on the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA).
Chambers fights for what is right and our members put people first and foremost when acting with them and for them. We believe that it is only by working with people to understand their issues and what outcomes are required that the best results can be achieved.
The Inquests and Inquiries team within Nexus Chambers have worked on many of the major high profile and complex investigations into death, abuse and government interference in people’s lives. We believe that it is vital to engage with an Inquiry or Inquest as soon as possible and seek to shape the investigation to go in the appropriate direction at the earliest possible stage.
If you wish to speak to one of our team, please telephone or email.
Notable inquest cases include:
- The Hillsborough Inquests
- The murder of Stephen Lawrence
- The death of Jean Charles de Menezes
- The death of Mark Duggan
- The deaths of Princess Diana and Dodi Al Fayed
- The murder of Jill Dando
Notable inquiries include:
- The Grenfell Tower Inquiry.
- The Independent Inquiry Into Child Sexual Abuse.
- The Infected Blood Inquiry.
- The Undercover Police Inquiry.
- Leeson Inquiry.
- The inquiry into the death of Alexander Litvinenko.
- The inquiry into the death of Azelle Rodney.
- The Baha Mousa Inquiry.
- The Robert Hamill Inquiry.
- The Saville Inquiry.
- The BSE Inquiry where we represented the families of the victims of variant CJD.